3 Day Namib Desert & Sossusvlei Fly-In
Number of days: 3 days / 2 nights
This 3-day Namib Desert and Sossusvlei Fly-In Excursion is a superb way to visit and see the most beautiful Namib Desert and in particular, the Sossusvlei dunes with Dead Pan, Dune 45 and more.
Fly from and back to Windhoek make it ideal for those with limited time available or to use as an add-on to any other tour/safari.
Extend this itinerary by a few days and add Swakopmund/Walvis Bay and the Skeleton Coast … or add the 3-day Etosha National Park Fly-In to make this an amazing week break-away.
# of guests minimum 2 – max 4 pax (on request for more)
1st January – 31st Dec 2017
Cost per person sharing
Flight costs are calculated on set seat rates with 2 persons
This can change considerably if there are others on the aircraft and/or a private charter
Luggage is strictly in soft type bags as per the picture. This includes
all luggage … clothing, hand luggage as well as camera gear. Actual
maximum weight permitted depends on the route, aircraft and company
… generally no more than 15 kilograms per person which includes hand
luggage (about 30 pounds). The reason for luggage weight restriction is
for your own safety.
Maximum size 25 X 65 X 30 centimeters (10 X 25 X 12 inches
The above quote Includes:
- Accommodation as indicated – can change depending on availability
- Meals as indicated
- Meet and greet upon arrival
- Tour file with detailed itinerary, map with route descriptions, vouchers etc.
- 24 hour personal and friendly availability
- Fast and efficient response to hotels/lodges and car rental companies
The quote excludes:
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional extra activities
- Internal flights are quoted separately
- International lights
- Holiday or personal insurance
- Staff gratuities
What happens next?
- Please have a look at my suggested route, recommended itinerary and the various price options
- Contact me with any questions or requests
- Together we determine a final route, itinerary and price
- Once you are happy with the route and suggested accommodation establishments, I will make the necessary reservations as well as any other ground arrangements
- When all reservations are secured, I will send you an invoice the 20% deposit to secure the package
- As per our company policy, I then invoice you the balance to be paid no less than 42 days before arrival
- Please read our Terms & Conditions
1. Travel Insurance
- We highly recommend that you arrange your own travel insurance. Not only for your own peace of mind, but also to cover you in the event of possible tour cancellation, emergency evacuation, medical and repatriation expenses as well damage/loss/theft of your personal belongings, camera equipment, money and the like.
2. Contact detail
- It is important that you give me contact detail of your next of kin or a friend whom I could contact in the event of an emergency. This detail you can give me on the Booking Form that I will forward to you.
- Please note that Desert Tracks cannot be held responsible for any of the above.
- Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months from date of departure from Namibia/Botswana etc … in other words, the date you end your holiday
- For parents travelling with children under the age of 18 into or out of South Africa – you need to have the child’s full un-abridged birth certificate with you when entering South-Africa. This is a new law in South-Africa since June 2015. See this link for more information.
- Please check on the internet or an Embassy whether you require a VISA to be arranged in advance or whether you can obtain it at point of entry. In some cases, it can take up to 3 months for Visas to be issued so please do not leave this to the last minute. Please note that we cannot arrange Visas from our side as the application requires your signature as well as the actual passport to be endorsed.
- The same applies to any possible vaccinations. Your doctor should be able to advise you
4. Some tips and requests:
- Please ensure your consultant has your phone number, preferably a local cellular number
- Satellite phones are available for rental so if required, please request one when making your reservation
- Bag types and sizes for local flights … bags to be soft type as luggage bays of small aircraft cannot hold large melamine type bags. If bag sizes and weights do not comply, extra charges could incur
- Luggage weight limitation is vital for your own safety … if luggage weight exceeds limits, some luggage will be unpacked and extra costs could incur
- Stick to speed limits as speeding is not only breaking the law, but also negates/cancels any insurance claims and should there be an accident, you will be liable for 100% of repair costs